New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Does the PayPal buyer protection cover items purchased from Chinese companies. I am being asked to purchase an item from www.trikexplore.com. They have all the PayPal logos ext but that is nothing to go by, what I need to know is how protected my money is if nothing shows up. The price of the item is just less than £2000 so it's not like I can afford to loose out if it goes wrong.
Personally I would NEVER buy something for that amount from China, you need to read up on buyer protection and then risk assess your transactions.
CHECK THEY ARE NOT ONE OF THESE >>>
Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.
Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.
They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.
The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.