Goods and services- how long

TODEH77
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment t for goods for my house. The gentlemen who is receiving my funds has not accepted the money? How long does it take to complete a transaction? And if this person does bad business and decides to take my money without sending me the furniture am I allowed to contest this? Reason why I'm asking is the person was super responsive but now is almost in the dark. Not communicating I ating is stressing me out. Please help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TODEH77

How did you SEND the Paypal payment, which option did you use OR did the seller send you a money request or invoice?

How did you FUND the Paypal payment, which funding source did you use?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TODEH77

How did you SEND the Paypal payment, which option did you use OR did the seller send you a money request or invoice?

How did you FUND the Paypal payment, which funding source did you use?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TODEH77
Contributor
Contributor
I seen the payment to his email Addy as a friend so the transfer of money would go smoothly.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TODEH77

Smiley Sad

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TODEH77
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for that information. I'm new to this. I cancelled my payments. The person is mad at me but he wasn't responding and he missed his delivery timeline. I think it's his fault. Thank you for looking out for me. One love
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.