Goods & Services Question

Jwj926
New Community Member

Would like to know what is the fee for selling with goods & services and how long does it take to receive your money when selling with goods & services? I have only sold through G&S a couple of times previously and each time it took 3 weeks or longer to receive my money even after putting in the tracking information. Anything you can add is appreciated 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jwj926 

Hi,

The rate is 2.9% + 30 cents domestically or 4.4% + 30 cents cross border. Domestic/Cross border rate is based on the country of the PayPal account, not the shipping address. Fees are not returned when issuing refunds so that amount comes out of pocket.

If you're a new seller, etc, there is going to be holds.

More info:

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

There are things you can do to release the money sooner.

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, hotel stay, paint job, writing project, baby sitting, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer/sender to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed (for virtual goods or services) or Shipped (with or without tracking info).

Then ask buyer to confirm receipt (option may be available within or after 48 hours):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If buyer does not confirm receipt then PayPal will release the funds after 21 days. Occasionally a payment will be held longer if it is a high risk transaction involving high value payments, electronics, event tickets, jewelry, luxury brand name merchandise. You can request that PayPal manually release the funds by reaching out: click HELP at the top menu, click "Message Center" under the search bar, or just click the "Bell icon" of your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.