Giving a refund question!

xtina1302
New Community Member

I have a client who showed me an email saying their refund was sent to their PayPal account, but they paid using a credit card. Can they go into their PayPal account and send that money back to their cc? Is there a different way I was supposed to process the refund in order for it to have gone to their cc? I feel like when I've been given refunds as a customer, I can then send it to my bank account because they're connected, but not a cc. If she paid with a cc I guess I just don't understand why the money went on her PayPal account, and want to make sure the money will go back onto her cc and not to her bank account or debit card.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xtina1302 

If you used the 'refund' option then it would go back to her card if she paid with a card.

Paypal emails always say refunds go back to the paypal account > which they do and are then sent on to the funding source automatically without showing in the buyers paypal balance.

I expect the transaction in on her paypal account but doubt the 'refund' is actually in her paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.