Getting unclaimed money from my account

JimmySchloo
New Community Member

I sold a product on eBay a while back and needed PayPal to complete the transaction and get my money. I created a PayPal and my money was sent to be but was left unclaimed. I needed to do those ssn and id check things be4fore i could accept the money. However, I am not 18 yet so my id wasn't approved. I still have money that hasn't been accepted and I'm not allowed to use PayPal because I'm too young. I need help on what to do to get the money that is mine. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JimmySchloo 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money until you were 18.
Doubt the buyer would wait that long so they would file a dispute to get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JimmySchloo 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money until you were 18.
Doubt the buyer would wait that long so they would file a dispute to get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.