Getting told I’ve been issued a refund but I haven’t

jamesk811
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Tidal is telling me I have been issued with a refund already by PayPal. I had an open case and they told me they wanted to issued me a full refund however couldn’t due to the open claim. I have contacted PayPal and closed the claim and since then Tidal is informing me that I have been issued a refund by PayPal already. However PayPal shows that I have not been issued with a refund. How come Tidal is being shown I’ve been issued a refund when I haven’t and how can I solve this? Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamesk811 

Any seller that tells you to close a dispute first i would not trust, if they had issued a refund the dispute would have closed automatically.

However by you closing it they can now ignore you or pretend that they have refunded.

Did you get a paypal email to say you had been issued a refund? / did the dispute close automatically after the refund was made / does a refund show in your paypal account activity? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jamesk811
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I regret not letting the claim just progress but as they are a large company I trusted them. The weird thing is they are not ignoring me, they keep responding to my emails and have from the start been telling me they will issue a refund. I actually genuinely believe they think I have been issued a refund already. I was thinking maybe because PayPal closed my claim it no longer allows them to issue a refund or something? I have not received PayPal email to show I have received a refund, my activity does not show a refund being issued. I have sent them screenshots but they keep saying they can see I have been issued a refund and to contact PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.