Getting to the Bottom of Why I Cannot Send Money Using Paypal Balance

DanAllenHTN
Contributor
Contributor

One of my main goals with this question is to find out if there is reasonable hope or steps I can take to fix my paypal account.  It partly works but partly does not work.  Customer Service cannot do anything except tell me to keep trying.  It is been four months.

Obviously, my case is one of thousands of examples posted to the internet where people are unable to send money using their paypal balance, even though they we can withdraw cash and make payments using a paypal card tied to the balance. 

What we are unable to do is:

1.  Cannot send money to another paypal account

2. Cannot transfer to the bank attached to the account, even though the account is verified.

I suspect my situation is complicated by the fact that I have serveral different kinds of paypal accounts:

business account

developer account

sandbox account

plus another account that provides access to a client's account.

All of these accounts are mine

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Customer support is consistent.  They return the same million answers regarding account balance and do not know what a balance account is.  It's the ol' "Our security system blocks this....for reasons we don't know....we have no more information....paypal has done everything possible to prevent access to anyone except the foreign call center that takes calls.  There was a time when paypal customer service would find ways to get answers even when they are not in accordance with the machine-like service scripts used today.

LOST LEAD

A few days ago, I found and article explaining paypal requirements to send money include attaching a "balance account" to your paypal account.  I cannot figure out whether I have an attached balance account.  Unfortunately, all inquires with the words "balance" ,"account" and "paypal" return millions of links to pages related to account balances but nothing about balance accounts.

Customer service support is confined to story of the security system no one can say what it does and account balances.

QUESTION

So, is there hope of getting to the bottom of this or is this just stuck forever?  So far, been stuck four months.

Any information you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DanAllenHTN,

I'm sorry that you've been unable to send a balance-funded payment or withdraw the funds in your balance. The representatives that you've spoken with have likely looked into the declines and seen that the security system is blocking these actions. When that happens, there is no information that can be given that would allow someone to circumvent the security system. The options that remain are to try the action at another time, and/or to try other actions (such as making payments using a linked card), so the security system sees additional use of the account for future evaluations.

If you have received a payment since March 29, 2019, you have been prompted to complete the steps to have a balance account, or you have already met the requirements to have a balance account. Mainly, it involves linking and confirming a bank account and completing some identity confirmation steps.

I'm very sorry that you've had the experience that you've had, and I hope that it's able to be resolved going forward.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DanAllenHTN,

I'm sorry that you've been unable to send a balance-funded payment or withdraw the funds in your balance. The representatives that you've spoken with have likely looked into the declines and seen that the security system is blocking these actions. When that happens, there is no information that can be given that would allow someone to circumvent the security system. The options that remain are to try the action at another time, and/or to try other actions (such as making payments using a linked card), so the security system sees additional use of the account for future evaluations.

If you have received a payment since March 29, 2019, you have been prompted to complete the steps to have a balance account, or you have already met the requirements to have a balance account. Mainly, it involves linking and confirming a bank account and completing some identity confirmation steps.

I'm very sorry that you've had the experience that you've had, and I hope that it's able to be resolved going forward.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.