Getting scammed and not hearing from paypal

Bojosbonus
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all i sold my phone and it went through paypal for safety the buyer payed £530 for a phone then after i sent the phone and sent the postage details they got a refund through paypal saying they didnt mean to buy it although the conversation over the purchase was across a few days and they sent me there adress after they pated they are clearly scamming. i rang paypal on the 8th explaining the situation and sent email prof of postage and the online conversation with the buyer and paypal has not got back to me atall i need help
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bojosbonus

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

I hope you had trackable proof of delivery and not just proof you posted it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bojosbonus
Contributor
Contributor
I have trackable prof as i sent the item tracked and signed i have the refernce number.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.