Get payment method user by payer

mikhailmineev
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
Is there any way to get info about how payment was processed, with paypal or credit card?
I use Show order details to check order result, but did not find there if I could get payment method.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mikhailmineev,

You will find more information on PayPal APIs here https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/overview/ . I am afraid you will not be able to access information on how your buyers paid you. This is information that will only be available on their account. What you will see on your account is whether the payment is complete. If the payment is complete on your side you can ship the item.

I hope this helps,

Rachael 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikhailmineev 

Do you mean you want to find out how you paid OR how someone paid you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mikhailmineev
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Need to know how someone paid me. For payment verification I'm using the same approach as described in Verify the transaction.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi mikhailmineev,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

You should find this information in the transaction details when you receive a payment.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

mikhailmineev
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Could you provide link to PayPal API please, how I can get info about payment (card, paypal account or anything else) in orders response? Because I could not find info I need in orders response.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mikhailmineev,

You will find more information on PayPal APIs here https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/overview/ . I am afraid you will not be able to access information on how your buyers paid you. This is information that will only be available on their account. What you will see on your account is whether the payment is complete. If the payment is complete on your side you can ship the item.

I hope this helps,

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.