Gearbest paypal refund

Tihran
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a smarthphone from Gearbest, some months later it broke, so i started a warranty claim which resulted in the phone not being able to be repaired, so they ofered a return to a paypal address, they say that they have returned the money on the 21st of November with a certain transactionID.

I wanted to know how long usually does this process take and if I can check that the transactionID is real and is to my account?

Best Regards

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tihran

Refunds are more or less instant and you get an email to say a refund has been issued.

However if they have a transaction id then it sounds as if they didn't use the refund option but the send money option instead.

If they did then make sure they used your paypal email address and double check the currency that they sent the refund in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tihran

Refunds are more or less instant and you get an email to say a refund has been issued.

However if they have a transaction id then it sounds as if they didn't use the refund option but the send money option instead.

If they did then make sure they used your paypal email address and double check the currency that they sent the refund in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.