Gamestop order didn't go through but pending transaction exists 4 different times.

Slarghi
Contributor
Contributor

As the title says I attempted a large and rather expensive console order from gamestop in which the order didn't go through, so I attempted it multiple times to no avail, only to quite. Checking my email I see confirmed paypal pending payments to gamestop 4 in total over $400 each (all the same amount). Gamestop has no record of my order but Paypal is giving me no option to dispute or get it removed, there is no cancel button in summery and the resolution center says it can not do anything with any of the transactions. What do I do to get these cancelled and off pending? Someone lease help.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slarghi

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Slarghi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

after talking to a few more representatives it would seem that's not entirely true unfortunately, I have a pending ghost order that didn't go through from october that still hasn't voided because ''gamestop has a 1 year authorization time'' I just hate to think these will be sitting there that long. I know they don't mean anything but its still stressful, paypal says even tho it may not be in Gamestop's order system that they can't cancel it, gamestop says they can't do anything about it since the order didn't push through their system its a stalemate on either side

Login to Me Too

hay_bailz
Contributor
Contributor

@Slarghi it's good to know this has happened before! I recently tried to order a game online and I have the transaction on PayPal, but not on GameStop. How did you wind up getting things to work, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks a bunch!

Login to Me Too

Slarghi
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't pretty much, the pending is still plainly there but still not charged, I had to hope that neither paypal or gamestop would charge my bank for them and so far they haven't. It's not a great way of having things handled but until that 1yr marker hits there's nothing either party is willing to do. (as for the gamestop order itself, if their website does not have it call customer service to see if it went through or not)

Login to Me Too

hay_bailz
Contributor
Contributor

@Slarghi thanks for the tip! Did you wind up ordering a separate one?

Login to Me Too

shikitty
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm also having the same trouble as you. Where did you get the info on Gamestop having a 1-year authorization period? Just trying to find out more.

Login to Me Too

Greenpop7
Contributor
Contributor

So What you're saying is that it will Never go through? and I can't cancel it?

Login to Me Too

Frowdo
New Community Member

Just ran into the exact same thing.  We are at day 17 of my money being held hostage.  Exact same situation where there is no order on file but the authorization is showing in Paypal.   According to Gamestop they can't do anything as they have no way to contact Paypal since it's not a real bank?  Seems like a bunch of bull but nothing I can do.  For the folks that this happened to, did you also have a $1.00 charge for a donation on Paypal's side?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@Frowdo,

It sounds like there is a pending authorization that hasn't yet been captured by the merchant.  An authorization is an agreement between you and a merchant to purchase an item for a specific amount of money.  If you need to cancel an authorization on your account, please contact the merchant directly, as PayPal doesn't have the ability to cancel that agreement.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.