GETTING REFUNDS AND FINDING THE ARN NUMBER

Dhananjay_2020
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I sent a certain amount to a person but the e-mail they gave me was a wrong e-mail address and as a result I cancelled the payment and the money was supposedly "refunded". However, I have not received the funds from Paypal back into my Mastercard and my bank is insisting on an ARN number for them to credit the funds back to my account. 

Please someone guide me on how I can get the funds back into my account. 

Thanks,

Dhananjay. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dhananjay_2020 

It is card industry standard to take up to 30 days for refunds but due to fast technology these days its rare it takes that long. We have online access to our card accounts to check. It seems like a refund was processed by PayPal back to your card so its just up to how fast your card processes it. Give it a few days to a week.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dhananjay_2020 

Where is my refund?

How is a refund credited?

Login to Me Too

Dhananjay_2020
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you but those are just generic answers. My bank wants the ARN number for them to trace the funds back to my account. Any idea on how I can find the ARN number?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dhananjay_2020 

You cannot find such number in your paypal account. Have to contact customer service for assistance but due to Coronavirus phone lines are closed so response from PayPal will take longer through message center. If you used a credit card, it can take a week up to 30 days depending on your card issuer to post the refund.

Response may take longer due to Covid-19 situation.

Please visit this page:

https://www.paypal.com/ke/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Login to Me Too

Dhananjay_2020
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker I used Mastercard. Do you know how long it will take for Mastercard to refund the money?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dhananjay_2020 

A week, up to 30 days. Does it say in your PayPal account that a refund was issued and marked completed? That means PayPal has processed your refund and you have to wait for the card to credit your account.

Login to Me Too

Dhananjay_2020
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker It shows the status as "refunded"and says refunded to my mastercard and states my mastercard's last few digits. I've read online that Paypal takes an awful amount of time to refund money. Is it true?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dhananjay_2020 

It is card industry standard to take up to 30 days for refunds but due to fast technology these days its rare it takes that long. We have online access to our card accounts to check. It seems like a refund was processed by PayPal back to your card so its just up to how fast your card processes it. Give it a few days to a week.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.