Funds On Hold, Possibly Need To refund!

Richard3212
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have a big problem. Basically I sold some fishing rods on eBay and as I was a new seller most of the funds were 'held'. Now, I sent four rods to four separate people and Hermes seem to have lost every one of them. I am guessing that I'll need to issue a refund if items are not found. So my question if I issue buyer(s) a refund will it be taken from my held funds? I do not want to be issuing a refund from my own account to cover this and the held amount not issued. I don't want to be out of pocket by issuing refunds, losing the items I sent and the held funds never being issued due to this. The refund should come out of my held funds, right? Please help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richard3212

The funds should be released from the pending balance. The whole purpose of the PayPal holds is should there be issues with the transactions that the funds are there to refund the sender(s). Locate the original payment transactions in your account activity, click on it, then click "Refund this payment" for each of the payments that need refunding.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richard3212

The funds should be released from the pending balance. The whole purpose of the PayPal holds is should there be issues with the transactions that the funds are there to refund the sender(s). Locate the original payment transactions in your account activity, click on it, then click "Refund this payment" for each of the payments that need refunding.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.