Full refund from eBay: I've got seller's PP transaction number but

schabanow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there guys! So what I have to do now, where to look for my refund and how much time does it take usually to get it alive on my card, i.e. what is the typical amount of time between the seller's e-message and the proper figures' appearance on my local VISA card? 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@schabanow

Have you had a paypal email to say a refund has been made?

Does it show in your paypal account activity?

Or did you pay as a guest buyer without logging into your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

schabanow
Contributor
Contributor

> Have you had a paypal email to say a refund has been made?

Yes, definitely. Not from the seller but from ebay exact:paypal_receipt.png

> Does it show in your paypal account activity?

No it doesn't. Any activity. But currently there was another card linked to my PP account (dollar), and in the receipt another card has been specified (ukrainian hryvnya), which I had used buying the item I had to return and ask for refund... Will you excuse my tangled English... So, I have dollar VISA card linked to my PP account. No money on it, no activity. Then, there in the receipt (picture above) they specify the card number I used to by the item I'm trying to return now. That is. ))

> Or did you pay as a guest buyer without logging into your paypal account?

Yes I think so. I haven't received any sms from PP, just from the seller. Was it my fatal mistake?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@schabanow

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

schabanow
Contributor
Contributor

> If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance. Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. 

If I understood you correctly: both ways to pay on ebay (either through PP account or guest mode) are covered by PP buyer protection (money back, etc.) Am I right? And now everything I need is to wait a couple of weeks (up to a month)? Should I send back to the seller his item just now, or should I wait for my refund appears on my local card and only then send the item back?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@schabanow

Sorry but are you saying you have NOT been issued a refund yet?

Only if a dispute is still ongoing then presumably not?

Have paypal found in favour of you in the dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

schabanow
Contributor
Contributor

> Sorry but are you saying you have NOT been issued a refund yet?

Please reconstruct the question with other words, I don't understand 'to issue a refund yet'. ))
Does 'yet' mean - THIS case or WHOLE my career as a buyer on ebay?

What is 'to issue a refund'? Does it mean to ask exchange 'money/item' once again, i.e. to send an item to a seller and get your money back? Sorry. ))

Well, I ask a refund on ebay for the FIRST time EVER. Ebay sent me receipt by email, claimed that seller had refund ALL my money for the item I bought (i.e. seller did FULL refund). Seller himself hadn't send me any messages about his decision to refund me my money; the last message in our e-conversation on the topic was MINE (it contained my irresistible argument that I would 'consult ebay officials', if the seller kept talking about some kind of 'PARTIAL refund', in spite of well known ebay rule concerning faulty items. I didn't receive any seller's answer to my disguised threat. But just tomorrow I received the message FROM EBAY, that contained the receipt mentioned above. Sorry again for many letters. ))
ps: I posted a screenshot w/receipt above, but it has been cancelled by this conference' rules (I don't know why exactly, maybe size was too big or .png was not the proper file type to post it here)...

Login to Me Too

schabanow
Contributor
Contributor

Just now I've got my money arrived. Thank everybody very much! Have a nice day! ))

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.