From debit to paypal

xhovana
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to transfer money to my paypal account so I can buy two flight tickets to my hometown and it's been a day and still the money is not transferred although on the website it says that it takes 15minutes with paypal topup for the money to be transferred. Well I lost the tickets now and I don't want to lose my money because it was a lot. I would like to know how much should I wait now? I am a student and I can't afford losing all that money. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xhovana 

As you haven't said what country you are in then sorry no idea.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

xhovana
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass My bad, so my debit card is from Belgium and I made the paypal account when I had my credit card from Albania. If that helps I would really appreciate your help.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xhovana 

What country is your paypal account, Albania or Belgium.

What country are you actually resident at the moment?

What countries card is linked and verified to your paypal account?

Which card are you trying to use?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xhovana
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal account is from Albania I live in Belgium My account is linked to an Albanian credit card And I was just trying to put money on the Paypal balance so I can pay my flight back to Albania. I transferred the money from Belgian debit card to paypal account via Paypal Top up. Thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xhovana 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

So if you are trying to use an Algerian account in Belgium then you are going to hit problems.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xhovana
Contributor
Contributor
Then what Am I supposed to do ?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi xhovana, 

As @kernowlass advises PayPal is country-specific. If you have moved country then you will need to open an account for the country you now live in. Once your account has been opened you will need to add financial information for that country. So if you are now living in Belgium you will need to add a Belgian card or bank account to your new account. 

I hope this answers your question, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

xhovana
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks you I will try and do that but now I am more worried about the money that I sent, how do I get the money back, my balance says 0 and on my bank account says that the money has been transferred. Now I just wont my money back. Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

@xhovana, if you have tried to add money to your PayPal account and your PayPal account does not offer this option then the money will bounce back to your bank who can then add it back to the card that you used. This can take up to 14 days. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.