Friends and Family

cmorris1015
Contributor
Contributor

I had a friend send money through Paypal Friends and Family. She sent me a screen shot that then asks for a debit card. I've never had this before.  Most of the time it goes into my paypal account.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cmorris1015

If she is using funds in her paypal balance to send the payment to you and its asking HER to link a card to her paypal account then that is normally because you can use funds in your balance to send but at some point paypal asks for a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify her account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cmorris1015
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thanks so much for your reply. No not that I know of as far as using a balance. She doesn't really use Paypal and it's definitely asking me for a debit card.  Also states that it can not be a credit card.  She also sent the "payment made" information in a FB message. Not sure if this is why it came across this way. Just a bit perplexed and want to make sure all is good before I put in my debit card information. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cmorris1015

Sorry but why would YOU need to enter debit card details to RECEIVE a payment???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.