Friends and Family

redabe
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everybody, so I have a business PayPal, and when trying to send money to somebody, all I see is "Goods and services", and apparently I can't find the "As friends and family" option. So if I try to send, let's say 1000$ to my brother's new PayPal, he will get a limitation, then they would ask for Order details etc etc, but it was just a normal money gift. So my question is, where is the "Family and friends" option? It's not available for Business PayPals? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redabe 

Whether he gets a 'limitation' or not is up to paypals security and i would no nothing about whether that would be applied or not.

I think however you are talking about the 'new seller hold' . Yes he may have to wait the full 21 days if he has no goods to ship trackable BUT if he marks the transaction as 'shipped' you may get the option on your side to 'confirm receipt' and that would get the funds released more quickly, this is not guaranteed however, again up to paypal if and when they release earlier.

Also looks from this link as if the mark as shipped option isn't available in your country either, you are pretty much out of luck at the moment unfortunately aren't you.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/faq2886

Have you thought of moneygram or western union?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redabe 

The friends/family option is not available in every country and I think yours is one of those where its not available.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

redabe
Contributor
Contributor
Oh, well that's unfortunate, but mind answering this please, if I send 1000$ to my brother's new PayPal, he would get a limitation, he needs order tracker etc, because I would have sent the money as Goods and services, so how can I provide order details while there are no orders? To lift my brother's limitation
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redabe 

Whether he gets a 'limitation' or not is up to paypals security and i would no nothing about whether that would be applied or not.

I think however you are talking about the 'new seller hold' . Yes he may have to wait the full 21 days if he has no goods to ship trackable BUT if he marks the transaction as 'shipped' you may get the option on your side to 'confirm receipt' and that would get the funds released more quickly, this is not guaranteed however, again up to paypal if and when they release earlier.

Also looks from this link as if the mark as shipped option isn't available in your country either, you are pretty much out of luck at the moment unfortunately aren't you.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/faq2886

Have you thought of moneygram or western union?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

redabe
Contributor
Contributor
Well crap XD Thank you so much for your response ❤️ I haven't thought about Western Union, I don't even know what other is tho. But is it true that you have to create an account with Western for 6months then you'd be able to send money? I know it's off topic, but means a lot to me! Thank you once more :3
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redabe 

Never heard of having to wait 6 months.

However i used western union when my son was travelling all over South America and running out of cash on a way too regular occurrence!!

Seemed there was an outlet everywhere he went and all he had to do was give them a reference number i supplied and show his passport for I.D.

Moneygram is similar but again not sure if available in every country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

redabe
Contributor
Contributor
Well actually, my brother lives with me :3 And I just want to be nice though and give him some money. But I will try Western and see how it works, kind of curious. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.