Friends and Family - Pending

RonR123
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a Friends and Family payment to my friend on Monday of this week and it still says pending. The money was taken out of my bank account on Tuesday but yet he still does not have access. What is going on? Is there anything he or I are doing wrong? Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RonR123 

Normally payments from bank accounts are never instant as Paypal uses the cheapest transfer option of electronic transfer ie echeque.
So to prevent any delay in the dispatch of items Paypal credits the seller upfront and Paypal takes the wait for the bank transfer to clear.

HOWEVER if you are using the friends/family option from your bank account which is FREE then this time you take the wait.

There are other reasons for echeques being used instead of paypal crediting the recipient upfront and they are if the senders ...

1. Card needs updating.
2. Has had a recent negative balance.
3. A recent failed bank transfer.
4. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
5. Friends / family payments....funded from a bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

emilonuoha
New Community Member
Same thing is happening to me bro. I have made a payment, and it says it should be cleared in like a week or so, and it’s taking way more than that. Is it because i sent a different currency? Because they use USD and I sent CAD with the exchange rate. The money has left my account. I can’t refund. I don’t know what to do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.