Friends and Family Payment on Hold

DanDee123
Contributor
Contributor
My friend sent me money yesterday using the friends and family option and it says “money received - pending”. I’ve used this feature hundreds of times in the past, and the funds are always immediately available and appear in my PayPal plus cash balance. Why is this payment different? This same friend has sent me money before with no issues. EDIT - I spoke with PayPal and it was sent by E-Check. Is there any possible way to expedite the clearing process? Or cancel the transaction so the funds won’t be deducted from the Senders account? The funds have not yet been pulled from the Senders bank account.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanDee123 

They must have funded the payment via an echeque from there bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanDee123 

They must have funded the payment via an echeque from there bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Martin440
I sent $650 to a friend payment was on hold 21 days. PayPal day add tracking number which I dunno why I need but anyway done that. Then say must confirm delivery but no options like that available. Worse company to deal with nothing but problems they take money immediately but seem to not like giving it out as fast. I hope to find a more reliable company to do my transactions from now on.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Martin440 

If you sent it to a friend then you should have used the friends/family option then you would not have had a hold.

However if you were purchasing goods or services then you would be subject to the 'new seller hold' as per link below.

Had to post the .com one as you have not said what country you are in.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Martin440
That is what I thought. But guess I was wrong. When try to talk to PayPal. They don’t understand anything. Like talking to a brick wall. All they say is add tracking number. I said a million times it is not for goods I don’t need it but they insist on it. For what reason. I do not know but they have caused a lot of problems and extra expensive due to this.
Login to Me Too

Janaa_brown27
Contributor
Contributor
How do you find out if it was an echeck?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janaa_brown27 

Normally there would be a clearance date.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Janaa_brown27
Contributor
Contributor
Mine says that it clears tomorrow. Should it?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janaa_brown27 

The clearance date is an estimate as different banks have different clearance times but normally it clears on or shortly after that date.

However who knows with the ongoing virus and problems its causing all companies at the moment...let us know if it clears tomorrow.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Janaa_brown27
Contributor
Contributor
Will do. Thank you ❤️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.