Fraud?

Zypheron
Contributor
Contributor
Greetings, You've successfully paid an amount to Gold Cash. The detailed description is given below. The Recent Activity list will be updated soon to your official account. You can also manage your active subscriptions through our HelpLine Center. Order Confirmed ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Merchant Note to Merchant Payment Method Amount Gold Cash Note is Missing! PayPal $463.20 USD Shipping Address H-26, Magnum Alley Trukfit Mall, Mustafa Azerbaijan, 365512 You've an active subscription and the payment could be sent automatically to the merchant you've provided. Get help from our Experts to manage your account active status and to stop the further automatic transactions. Call now to administer your subscription or to Reverse\Refund this Transaction. Helpline Center: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Don't hesitate to call even if a minor deduction, we'll make sure you won't pay blindly. You can sign In to your PayPal account when the transaction appears. It may take 2-3 days to update. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, PayPal
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Zypheron 

Scam. 

1. Generic greetings. PayPal will always address you using your first and last name as it appears on your account.

2. PayPal will not provide a phone number for you to call as everything can be verified on the website. Furthermore, all phone lines are closed as of the moment.

3. PayPal cannot cancel completed transactions and will therefore not advise you to call for cancellations. 

If you call the phone number provided on the email, you may reach people who may try to persuade you in sending money or provide financial information. You can just disregard this email. Send it to spoof@paypal.com for PayPal yo investigate on it.

Hope this helps. All the best and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Zypheron
Contributor
Contributor
So this transaction did not happen at all then?
Login to Me Too
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Zypheron that is correct

Login to Me Too

Gharris1992
New Community Member
I believed I have been conned through PayPal . Long story short I joined an online betting tip site ran by a guy who asks for membership money . This was all fine and I was added to the group after paying . He then direct messaged me asking for £40 to join an elite tipping group which I agreed . I made it out to friends and familyWhich he also requesting to avoid charges and I obliged . However he is now not paying the money back as this was a loan to him . Others on the group have also been conned and owed money having spoken with them also . If anyone asks him to pay back money owed he kicks you out of the forum. I have also been told he constantly changes his name and Facebook accounts so you can’t reach him to get the payment back . How can I report him and get this money back ? Where is my legal Standpoint also . Can I get a refund or my money back ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.