Found $22.50 in my Paypal balance, not sure why.

rcrez
New Community Member

I logged into Paypal today and saw on the homepage that I had $22.50 that I could claim in my PayPal balance. I continued and had to enter my SSN, birthdate and specify my address. After I did so the money was mine. 

I'm at a loss to explain why the $22.50 was even there to begin with.

I've made many many payments recently and my balance is always $0. I haven't received any money into Paypal for a long time. 

Does anyone know how this can happen?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rcrez

If someone sent a payment to another user but made a mistake with their email address then it could have gone to your email address by mistake.

If you click on the transaction in your paypal account you should get more information as to the sender etc on that 'details' page.

You may receive an email saying that it was sent in error in which case there is a refund option again on that details page that you can use.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rcrez

If someone sent a payment to another user but made a mistake with their email address then it could have gone to your email address by mistake.

If you click on the transaction in your paypal account you should get more information as to the sender etc on that 'details' page.

You may receive an email saying that it was sent in error in which case there is a refund option again on that details page that you can use.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.