First time seller

Tomboy257
Contributor
Contributor
First time using PayPal to receive funds. Gave the buyer my name because that is what my account is under. How long should it take for the payment to appear and should I have given him more info?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomboy257 

Beware of scams and please log in and check your email account for the money first before shipping anything. Even if your payment is subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold. When payment is sent you get a PayPal email confirmation AND you'll see a payment transaction in your PayPal account. Don't just believe emails as they can be faked. PayPal payment confirmation emails contains basic info: who paid, how much, what for, shipping address if needed and transaction ID, date of payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomboy257 

Beware of scams and please log in and check your email account for the money first before shipping anything. Even if your payment is subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold. When payment is sent you get a PayPal email confirmation AND you'll see a payment transaction in your PayPal account. Don't just believe emails as they can be faked. PayPal payment confirmation emails contains basic info: who paid, how much, what for, shipping address if needed and transaction ID, date of payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tomboy257
Contributor
Contributor
I erroneously thought all PayPal needed for me to receive funds from a sale was my name ( that identified my account) I had to go back to the buyer and have him submit my email for the transaction to go through. I got my funds now and lesson learned . Thanks for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.