cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time seller. Sold something on ebay but don’t know where they payment has gone?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

First time seller. Sold something on ebay but don’t know where they payment has gone?

I’ve sold an item on ebay, and ebay is saying payment has been received with a big red ‘PAID’ stamp over the item. However, I cant find the payment? Its not in my linked paypal account and i dont have an email from paypal to say its been received. Im aware there is a 21 day hold for new sellers, but there is no indication anywhere of a pending payment...any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: First time seller. Sold something on ebay but don’t know where they payment has gone?

@alrightmatt

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down to near the end of the pretend listing where it says payment methods and check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
3 REPLIES 3
Esteemed Advisor

Re: First time seller. Sold something on ebay but don’t know where they payment has gone?

@alrightmatt

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down to near the end of the pretend listing where it says payment methods and check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Contributor

Found it! Thank you. Ebay was linked to my other paypal account. Thats a smart work around- cant believe there’s not an easier way to view where payment have gone?
Esteemed Advisor

@alrightmatt

There may be but thats the only one that i know  Smiley Wink