Finding out about source from unauthorised payments

frosafelix
New Community Member
Hi! I checked my banl account and I have many transactions from the same person/company, repeated payments of the same value. When I look at the log, it shows "PAYPAL/NAME_DISPLAYED". Is "NAME_DISPLAYED" the name of the person or company who is doing this to me? If yes, how do I get to find out who's the culprit? If it happens to have begun at a local shop where I used contactless, I'd rather avoid going to the same shop again, as there would be no way on earth I would buy something there again if I knew they were scamming me.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
We appreciate you letting us know what happened. It is really concerning.Your question also raises a few more questions. Is it the same amount everytime? How frequent was the charge? Is it monthly? Do you remember setting up a Billing Agreement? Yes it will normally show PayPal then company name after on your bank account bill. It will be best for you to contact our chat support team to get clear answers. Just access the Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service via our chat support channel. Please include all the information we need to help you right away. Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.