Final transaction

Nevergivup
New Community Member
Why am I getting an email telling me that the transaction has not gone thru yet. Once the merchant processes it the final transaction fee may change? WTH. I dont understand why an agreed amount between the manufacturer and myself can be changed after I've already agreed to the said amount for product?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nevergivup 

If a merchant processes payments with the authorization and capture method, they “can capture less than or the full original authorized amount. You can also capture up to 115% of or $75 USD more than the original authorized amount, whichever is less.”

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/admin/auth-capture/

Sometimes the final charge can be more than what was charged at time of transaction: Estimated sales taxes become actual. Increased shipping charges. Gratuity. Used the hotel room bar/took a few towels from the hotel. You’ll have to ask the merchant why the final amount is more. If you buy internationally, there might be foreign transaction fees charged by your card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.