Fees from transfering money internationally

idddaa
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Finland but need a transaction from someone who lives in the US. If the amount of money I need is 100 euros (116 USD), how much the sender needs to send when he or she will pay the fees? So what is the percentage with each fee.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

seller always pay the fee,so you have to ask for an amount whch would include the fee you will pay Paypal.

send her a money request in Euro and let her pay the conversion fee of 3 %.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

depends on currency and type of transaction.

if f/f or business,is there a need to convert from US$ to Euro

you can ask him to review fee schedule ,also when he is ready to pay,if he enters the US $,IT WILL show how much he would get in Euro.

Login to Me Too

idddaa
Contributor
Contributor

They would buy something from me and there would be need for currency convertion (from USD to euro) and the amount of euros I would have to receive is 100 euros. I could find something about 3.4%+1.99EUR so the amount of money they should send would be 105.4 euros (about 122usd) or is there something that automatically informs them how much they have to send in order for me to receive exactly 100 euros. With companies such as transferwise it automatically informs the sender of the fees and that should be the case with paypal too to increase it's user friendlines

Login to Me Too
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

seller always pay the fee,so you have to ask for an amount whch would include the fee you will pay Paypal.

send her a money request in Euro and let her pay the conversion fee of 3 %.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you as the seller eats the fee,it is not fair for the buyer to try to figure how much to send to satisfy you.

you sent her an invoice or money request in euro and she will pay,if she is in USA and her currency is in US$,pAYPAL will do the conversion ,she pasy 3% cpnversion fee  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.