Fee’s for a mastercard credit card

leomarks
Contributor
Contributor
My mother has been using a Mastercard credit card linked to her PayPal account to transfer money to me but we keep getting fee’s taken out by PayPal, don’t understand why?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @leomarks ,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I know that you need some clarifications which is how I would feel as well.

Normally transfers taken out from bank accounts or Standard Transfers would normally take 3-5 business days depending on the bank. But for transfers using a credit/debit card it is almost instantly or which we call Instant Transfers and for us to do that there would be an agreement with the card issuer as well. So it usually would take a 1% fee of the total amount transferred but maximum fee would be 10 USD for processing. 

You may take a look at this link for more information.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

leomarks
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 

Is there a way around this? If she sets it up with a different type of card or if we set it up as 'transfer between family' or something like this please?

Kind regards

Leo

Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @leomarks

Just want to add more context on what was provided to you on your query.

If a payment is being funded by a credit/ debit card, there would be a 1% fee that will be applied (maximum of $10) as this is considered a wire transfer.

Should you want to avoid fees on your future transactions, you may want to consider linking your bank account on your PayPal.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.