Fee for receiving money - Cancelling

GerardPH
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sold an item for 7500Euro and got charged 255 Euro for the paypal serivce. Can this transaction be cancelled without me (seller) or the buyer being charged these 255 Euro. We try to avoid to be  charged for a transaction by misstake?

Thank for any feedback

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GerardPH 

Sorry but why would you think you should not pay a fee to use paypals site?

How do you think they fund the site and pay their staff?

Sellers pay fees, you should not be asking a buyer to pay your fee and its against paypal rules to try and sell using the family /friends option which would soon get your paypal account limited. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GerardPH
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Both parties are no retailers or sellers and this was a private none commercial money transfer made from one private person to another private person. We decided to use PayPal as we both had PayPal accounts and thought it would be the quickest, easiest and CHEAPEST  way to send somebody money.

It is unacceptable that people who never use PayPal services except for example sometimes penny amounts on Google Play etc.. , hence are unexperienced user, get ripped off by hidden fees when by mistake selecting the wrong option when sending money.  And then there is no option to cancel this transaction which was done by mistake without losing these 255 Euro!

The PayPal customer service is basically inexistent, no telephone help line at all (!!!!) when you are in trouble, they refer to just plenty of links from one online help file to the other. And for 255 Euro fees for no customer care / service behind that follows is far away to be a reference.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GerardPH 

It was you that said.........

I sold an item for 7500Euro and got charged 255 Euro for the paypal serivce. 

.....so you are a SELLER and as you are a SELLER you pay a paypal fee.

As i said the only time you do not pay a fee is if its a 'gift' of money from a close mate or family member but its against paypal rules to use that option for selling.

If you were selling an item to a neighbour you would still be a SELLER and pay a fee.

Fees are not hidden they are clearly stated on all countries paypal sites and you should be paying your fees the same as the rest of us have to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GerardPH
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you for your swift and voluntary reply - advise.

What I try to say is that when new users as we use PayPal, we believed that fees will be around the same as the regulated fees set forth by the EU for Eurotransfers +- 3,00 Euro and not 255 Euros

When you find then out 1 minute after clicking the send money button that 255 Euros will be or are charged, you have no more possibility to cancel your transaction even the transaction is still pending, and you are not able to reach anybody for quick help or support until the transaction has settled 3 days later.  

Why is there no telephone hotline (customer service) available?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GerardPH 

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are...

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.