False payment?

NatePlez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, today I encountered a problem with selling an item. The buyer claimed to have sent 70 Dollars USD, i did not receive the money but I got an email saying I got money. I noticed that in the screenshot he sent, we have different Transaction IDs, I was addressed by my email not my Full name(like previous payments), he was refusing to show me his balance after and the email was different from other ones. Is this a scam or not? The email that it was sent from was <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi NatePlez, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

You will have a different transaction ID to the buyer as this is how we identify the transaction on both sides, however, it is odd that you have not received the payment. On the email you received, does it ask you to claim the payment on your account? Can you also please ensure that you have confirmed your email address on the PayPal account as this is required in order to receive payments. 

You can find more information on how to confirm your email address here - https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-email-address-faq1485

If neither of these applies to your account, it is likely that this is fraudulent and the buyer has not sent a successful payment to you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.