Failed payment being charged twice

JamesJohnson200
Contributor
Contributor

I made a PayPal payment but due to my mistake I had no money in my account so my PayPal went into -10.00. I paid of my PayPal when I realised so now back into positives but just noticed PayPal are trying to take the money from my bank again tommorrow. Am I going to be charged again?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesJohnson200 

Yes, you will be charge again even if you added funds or the merchant refunded you in the meantime. Instead of adding funds to PayPal to zero the negative balance out, you should have added the funds into your bank account, if it was a bank payment. So make sure you have the 10.00 in your bank account for PayPal to withdraw and when the 10.00 reaches your PayPal account balance, you will have the extra 10.00 in your PayPal balance. If not, report a problem on the transaction, in the transaction details or call customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.