Failed Transfer from Account with Sufficient Funds

EllaBear88
New Community Member

While making a payment to a friend, I was faced with conflicts. After the payment was made, the transfer did not clear on my end or in my banks, but they did on hers. I waited for PayPal to catch up. The refund she issued a couple of days earlier eventually went through, but the transfer did not. The card this money was going to and coming out of had more than enough money. This account was in the thousands and these exchanges were in the hundreds. The money refunded the same day that PayPal decided my card did not have sufficient funds and so it tried to take it out of another card I had on file. When that card (which definitely didn't have enough funds) was bounced I was charged a fee from my bank and my credit score got hit bad. 

To recap, I was trying to make a payment from a card that had more than enough money. It said there were insufficient funds and charged another card which did not have enough money and I was charged a fee on that card and my credit score was hurt. 

Is this a common issue? Why did this happen? How can I fix this especially now that the payment still needs to be made?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.