Failed Transaction

JamesP03
New Community Member
Hi Guys, So I use PayPal to buy most of my stuff online as it’s easier to sign in and do it that way rather than entering card details. This morning I’ve gone to buy some gig tickets for a band I want to see and unfortunately the page timed out as I confirmed payment and it told me it hadn’t gone through. I proceeded to buy the tickets again and this time it worked and I was happy. Went to my banking app and the it’s showing as I’ve bought the tickets twice and has two pending payments but then on the PayPal app it is only showing the one that went through. Will I get charged for both or will one just go back into my account. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @JamesP03,

That is an excellent question, and I'm sorry for your experience. Based on your description, it sounds as though a pending authorization may have hit your bank without a successful transaction in our system due to the page timing out. Most banks will release a pending authorization back into the bank account within a business day or two, but some may hold it up to 30 days. It really depends on your bank's internal processes and I would encourage you to contact them to ask how long they hold a pending authorization and if they can manually release the duplicate for you. 

My apologies again, but I hope this information helps. Thank you!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.