Facebook donation

Tammy97
New Community Member

I am trying to donate to st Jude’s for someone’s birthday through Facebook but every time I click it to donate it says add payment method to continue and won’t let me get past that but I don’t want a credit card donation I just want to donate the $10 that I have available in my paypal account already that someone gifted me awhile back. ???

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tammy97 

Read the checkout screen carefully as it maybe asking for a back up payment method, especially if paying with PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
It is not asking for a back up. In fact its asking to set a credit card or bank as primary source for all future facebook payments. I also do not want this, only to use my paypal balance. Ridiculous that you cant!
Login to Me Too

yaremus
New Community Member
I use my PayPal without balance (just with my backup visa card) and it works with everything but not with Facebook birthday charities
Login to Me Too

rplayboy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this issue as well. I was trying to donate to a funeral fundraiser and the only option was to add a new credit card. I don't want to store my credit card on FB. I had to make the donation and then remove my card since FB decided to automatically save it without asking me if I even wanted it saved. TBH I think this is a FB issue, not a PayPal issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.