Facebook donation without PayPal password?

DeeEss
Contributor
Contributor

I just made a donation via Facebook and used PayPal for payment. I am concerned that I was not prompted to enter my PayPal password. Is there a setting I can change?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @DeeEss!

@Anonymous_User is absolutely right, and you can also manage Facebook Messenger peer-to-peer payments on the same page if that has been activated. (It won't be listed if it hasn't been activated on Facebook Messenger.) 

I wanted to add that payments sent to and through Facebook are done so through a billing agreement. This means that Facebook links PayPal to allow purchases or payments to be processed automatically, much like iTunes and Google Play. Before sending the payment, Facebook will walk you though authorizing the billing agreement before sending the payment, but you can always cancel it on PayPal. Please know that Facebook will have you reauthorize a new billing agreement if you would like to make another payment in the future. 

Here's how you can locate any active billing agreements (as well as cancel any you do not want active):

1. Go to your Profile.
  2. Click  Preapproved payments under "Payment settings."
  3. Click the agreements you want to view.

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Assuming you have a US PayPal Personal account, there is a setting in your profile.  Login in to your account, click on the "gear" icon for your Profile settings, look for the Security link on the top menu, there's an option called "Auto login at checkout" - that may be enabled - to check, click on Update.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @DeeEss!

@Anonymous_User is absolutely right, and you can also manage Facebook Messenger peer-to-peer payments on the same page if that has been activated. (It won't be listed if it hasn't been activated on Facebook Messenger.) 

I wanted to add that payments sent to and through Facebook are done so through a billing agreement. This means that Facebook links PayPal to allow purchases or payments to be processed automatically, much like iTunes and Google Play. Before sending the payment, Facebook will walk you though authorizing the billing agreement before sending the payment, but you can always cancel it on PayPal. Please know that Facebook will have you reauthorize a new billing agreement if you would like to make another payment in the future. 

Here's how you can locate any active billing agreements (as well as cancel any you do not want active):

1. Go to your Profile.
  2. Click  Preapproved payments under "Payment settings."
  3. Click the agreements you want to view.

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.