Facebook PayPal Birthday Fundraiser

sam123456789
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I need assistance please. RE: Facebook Birthday Fundraisers. I’ve been in discussions for months with the recipient I nominated after my fundraiser successfully finished and it’s apparent they never received what was raised 🙁 It’s taken months to establish if they had actually ever registered with PayPal to receive Birthday Facebook fundraisers. After much to-ing and fro-ing in an third person annoying conversation with their charity treasurer they admitted they cannot match our amount raised to anything. It’s been a ticking clock for them to get themselves organised and just register to receive this but they didn’t do this. Worst still, after 90 days should an organisation not be registered then PayPal notifies the organiser (me) where the funds will be allocated to (someone who is registered to receive fb birthday fundraisers) .....and PayPal haven’t! So ultimately - I don’t know where our donations are/who has it/whether it’s been allocated or sucked up into the fb machine somehow 😫 This situation has infuriated me for months to try solve it for my nominated organisation and I’ve had to do a lot of digging about to find info on the entire debacle of being registered. I’m gutted. And I’m determined to find out where our money is! But how? Any ideas on how to solve this?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @sam123456789,

I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with this. So we can assist you better, I would suggest calling out customer service. This way we are able to look into the account and locate the payments for you. You can call, send a direct message through Twitter or reach out to us through a personal message on Facebook

I hope you are able to get this issue resolved shortly.

Thank you, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

mdwyer
New Community Member

I too did a Birthday Fundraiser on FB and raised $640.00 for my charity, Pantry Four Paws.  This was in October, 2019. My charity has not received a dime. I have been asking both FB and PayPal Giving Fund where this money is and why hasn't my charity received it since February 2020!!  I too have been given the run around, each blaming the other.  I am seriously considering going to the media about this because it seems there are many of us in the same situation!  It is truly disgraceful.  I will say, I have contacted all of my donors and I am encouraging them to ask for a refund (they received receipts for their donations).  This actually smacks of fraud!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.