Facebook Marketplace payment

Massto45
New Community Member

Hello -

I paid for an item through Facebook Marketplace using my PayPal account. The transaction states that the funds will be transferred to the seller, with the correct name noted. The seller contacted me and said he was notified by PayPal that they will ONLY transfer these funds to a credit card, and herein lies the problem: he does not have a credit card. Is there away around this? Why can’t PayPal transfer into his PayPal account balance? Any suggestions appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Massto45 

Does the seller mean they can only withdraw to credit card after funds are received into their PayPal balance? Because what the seller is saying doesn't make sense unless the funds are in their PayPal account but to transfer the funds out of PayPal, it has to be a card withdraw. Have to clarify this with the seller. Seller can also call PayPal customer service for assistance.

Funds should go to seller's PayPal balance, like you say.

Depending on where the seller is located though, certain withdraw features are not available. Some countries have only card withdraw, some only bank account withdraw, some can withdraw to both bank account AND credit, debit or prepaid card. 

Check this page to see how the seller can withdraw:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

If seller is also in the US, it maybe because of this:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

^Seller has to Accept the money and immediately withdraw to bank account or debit card and can't keep funds in PayPal balance.

Further assistance, contact customer service:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Massto45 

Does the seller mean they can only withdraw to credit card after funds are received into their PayPal balance? Because what the seller is saying doesn't make sense unless the funds are in their PayPal account but to transfer the funds out of PayPal, it has to be a card withdraw. Have to clarify this with the seller. Seller can also call PayPal customer service for assistance.

Funds should go to seller's PayPal balance, like you say.

Depending on where the seller is located though, certain withdraw features are not available. Some countries have only card withdraw, some only bank account withdraw, some can withdraw to both bank account AND credit, debit or prepaid card. 

Check this page to see how the seller can withdraw:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

If seller is also in the US, it maybe because of this:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

^Seller has to Accept the money and immediately withdraw to bank account or debit card and can't keep funds in PayPal balance.

Further assistance, contact customer service:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.