Facebook Marketplace - Authorization in progress/pending

jrspadala
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I placed an order on FB Marketplace on May 28th and paid through Paypal. The next day, I received an email from PayPal that my payment was authorized and it was already withdrawn from my account. But when I go to payment history, the payment is still in progress and the merchant hasn't receive my payment. Does she need to ship the item or it gets delivered first before receiving my payment?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi jrspadala, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

An order or authorization is an agreement between you and the merchant to purchase an item for a set amount.

As you stated the transaction shows as in progress, it is still pending on your account. This means that your order has been received by the merchant, but your payment has not yet been processed.

For most purchases, the merchant will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your items. For some purchases, such as services, rentals, or hotel stays, the merchant will complete the payment after the service is fully delivered.

Typically, the merchant has 30 days to fulfill an order, however the order expiry date can vary depending on the merchant. During this time, the transaction status will remain as ‘Pending’ until the merchant takes the payment. The status will then change to ‘Complete’. If the merchant doesn’t complete your order within this timeframe, your order will be automatically canceled and the transaction status changes to ‘Expired.’

PayPal may be able to void pending orders and authorizations from your account after 30 calendar days. If you wish to cancel a pending order before the 30-day timeframe has passed, you must contact the merchant to do so.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.