Extra Charge Initiated through PayPal when Using Chick-Fil-A App

LMB1957
Contributor
Contributor

Bought lunch today using the mobile app.  Received notice that I was charged $1.00 in addition to the cost of my meal.  I called Chick-Fil-A Customer Service and was told that this charge is not from Chick-Fil-A, they don't add a service charge.  I tried to dispute it in the PayPal activity, but the transaction is being blocked from doing so.  Why is PayPal charging me $1.00?  IF Chick-Fil-A app didn't post the charge, who did?  Please delete this transaction.  Chick-Fil-A didn't initiate it and shouldn't have to refund money if the PayPal connection is incorrect.  Have other Chick-Fil-A customers reported problems to PayPal about this?  4/15/19

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LMB1957 

The $1 thing is a temporary charge, it'll expire and drop off from your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-paypal-charge-$1-to-my-credit-card-faq537

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LMB1957 

The $1 thing is a temporary charge, it'll expire and drop off from your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-paypal-charge-$1-to-my-credit-card-faq537

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Teacher0_7
Just happened to me today. Ugh
Login to Me Too

Lemons2lemonade
Contributor
Contributor
And it’s still happening. Just happened to me for the 3rd time. It’ll keep me from using the app after a while. It doesn’t make sense. the solution states that if you recently updated your account or added new card that’s why, but I haven’t done either of these so to me it just sounds like someone trying to get over 🤔
Login to Me Too

Kelmomof6
New Community Member
I've had this happen recently too. But it's been over a week and the charge isn't dropping off.
Login to Me Too

Smithers08
New Community Member

I am having the same thing happen, and it's happened twice and neither charge has dropped off yet.

Login to Me Too

amykck
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. I understand fees, but we should be told of any fees so we have the option to accept. The fee is still on my account, and trust me... I wouldn’t have paid a dollar to place a to go order. That’s stupid.
Login to Me Too

Grandnana56
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me today as well! I wonder how many times it’s happened before. I don’t appreciate a charge I didn’t authorize. This needs to stop.
Login to Me Too

karalevine
New Community Member

Happened to me as well today with this same 86623220 number in the email subject. But all I got was a paypal email...I don't actually see the charge IN my paypal activity so I thought perhaps it was a scam/spam.

Login to Me Too

Lemons2lemonade
Contributor
Contributor
I think if we all complain to Chick fil a corporate maybe this will keep it on check. If not then this needs to be reported to Better Business because we work too hard to let thieves get away🤭🤔😤
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.