Explaining PayPal Personal

LastOne
Contributor
Contributor
Can I get an explanation on how a PayPal Personal Account works? Made one recently intending to use it to commission artwork. Am I expect to file for this? Looking it up on Google, this site only mentions sellers having to, but also PayPal keeping track of a 200 transactions threshold, which is confusing.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Personal PayPal Accounts are intended for, obviously, personal transactions. You can use your PayPal account in making payments, sending money, and receiving payments for personal transactions or small business-like transactions.

If your planning on receiving commisions then personal PayPal account is best for you!

However, Business PayPal accounts are intended for users or organizations which make lots of transactions for a period or those who need to send or receive money with bigger amounts several times in a short period of time, solely for business purposes. While you can do personal payments in a business PayPal account, it is better if you choose a personal account for it.

If you have an online shop, a business PayPal account is suited for your needs.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Personal PayPal Accounts are intended for, obviously, personal transactions. You can use your PayPal account in making payments, sending money, and receiving payments for personal transactions or small business-like transactions.

If your planning on receiving commisions then personal PayPal account is best for you!

However, Business PayPal accounts are intended for users or organizations which make lots of transactions for a period or those who need to send or receive money with bigger amounts several times in a short period of time, solely for business purposes. While you can do personal payments in a business PayPal account, it is better if you choose a personal account for it.

If you have an online shop, a business PayPal account is suited for your needs.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.