Error message

Jquezada822
Contributor
Contributor
Im in the middle of a dispute with a seller and he has sent a request to refund the money but everytime I try to accept it says “looks like something went wrong on our end”. Cant call a agent cause of covid. And the help center is just giving me automated messages that have nothing to do with anything im saying. Please help
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

helen9872
Contributor
Contributor

You can also try contacting customer service using the message centre or Twitter.

Login to Me Too

Jquezada822
Contributor
Contributor
I have used the message center they just keep giving me automated replies that dont even work. I need to get the refund going and paypal is no help
Login to Me Too

helen9872
Contributor
Contributor

Did the message centre asks if you need further help during business hours? I tried typing "need help" and it gives me auto message asking if I need more help, once I click "I need more help", it transferred me to a real person.

Login to Me Too

Jquezada822
Contributor
Contributor
I am talking to a real person but they telling me I have to escalate the claim, when me and the seller already agreed to refund and I’ll ship the product back but for some reason I can’t reply to any message or accept the refund without that error message coming up
Login to Me Too

helen9872
Contributor
Contributor

I see. From what I know, when refund is issued, it usually goes back to your credit card or your account automatically within a time frame. And you should get an email from PayPal saying you have been refunded.

So I found an old post on the community regarding the same issue answered by a moderator: Please try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser and login to PayPal again to try to accept the refund. If the problem persists, please contact customer service for further troubleshooting. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Hope this helps. I would also keep contacting PayPal through message centre, explain the situation again, and see if they will resolve the issue for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.