Error message

Joolie1
New Community Member

Hi there, I am new to this community and am hoping someone can help. I made a purchase last night using Paypal. When my purchase was complete I received an email from the seller saying thank you for your order. 1 minute later I got an email from Pay Pal saying my card had been declined, however, the funds seem to have gone from my bank account. The balance in the account appears to be the difference between what is in the bank and what the product cost. Very confusing. I don't seem to be able to contact Paypal via email directly either. My problem doesn't seem to fit any of their tailored email  question/answer selections. Many thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Joolie1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

In general, when you make a payment you can choose the funding source that you want to use. If you chose your card but your card was denied, we would try to charge the backup funding source which may be your bank account, if you linked it to your PayPal account, or your balance if you have any available funds. Otherwise, the payment would simply be denied. To see which funding source was charged, please check the details of the transaction in question. If your bank account was charged with a different amount that the one of the purchase, it may be that the remaining amount was charged to a different funding source. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.