Error message when attempting to send money

SWorner43
Contributor
Contributor

When attempting to send money the following error appears:

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

When attempting to contact customer service, it will not permit any form of contact. 

How do I contact PayPal customer service to resolve this problem?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

where is the money to be sent coming from?

bank,cc or paypal fund???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SWorner43

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SWorner43
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for suggesting contacting PayPal by Facebook.   I wrote the following, and have not had a response.  It says:

"I've placed your message into the queue and an agent will respond back as soon as possible!"

and then I don't hear back.

Here is the text of the chat by FB messenger:

thanks for messaging me. I'm happy to help!  Let's get started!  Which topic can I help you with?  Help With Payments   What area of PayPal payments can I assist you with?  When attempting to send money the following error appears:

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

When attempting to contact customer service, it will not permit any form of contact.

How do I contact PayPal customer service to resolve this problem?    Would you like to chat with a Customer Service agent? Or you can search the PayPal Help Center.  Chat with an Agent  I've placed your message into the queue and an agent will respond back as soon as possible!  In the meantime, please tell me your specific question and provide the email address on file with your PayPal account  This is the question:  When attempting to send money the following error appears:

How do I contact PayPal customer service to resolve this problem?  The email address for the PayPal account is: <removed>

Login to Me Too

SWorner43
Contributor
Contributor

the funds are coming from PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

SWorner43
Contributor
Contributor

The funds are PayPal funds and already in the PayPal account.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SWorner43

ok if you have funds already in your paypal balance then...........

1. Are they cleared and not pending.

2. Are they in the correct currency for the person you are sending the funds to ie country?

3. Do you have a back up card linked and confirmed on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SWorner43
Contributor
Contributor

1. Are they cleared and not pending.

Yes, the funds are cleared and not pending.

2. Are they in the correct currency for the person you are sending the funds to ie country?

Yes.  U.S. Dollars for sender and receiver.

3. Do you have a back up card linked and confirmed on your paypal account?

No.  This was never specified as a requirement. 

4.  I actually was able to transfer some of the funds when I logged on to a different computer.   However, when I use the computer I normally use, everything is working, except the error continues to come up. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.