Error message: "We're sorry about that It looks like something went wrong at our end. Please try..."

colinmclachlan
Contributor
Contributor

Tried for three days to send a donation (via a "Donate" button) to a blog, but I keep getting the above message.  My bank account is fine, well in credit.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

colinmclachlan
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I got a fairly prompt reply containing the following advice:

There are some things that you can do that may help in making a payment:
• Try to send the payment at a later date.
• Clear the cache and cookies of the browser that you are using.
• Request for an invoice or money request from the seller.
• Try to send the payment using a different browser or device

So I cleared the cookies from my browser (Waterfox), and tried again, and this time the payment went through Smiley Happy.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

cd16
Contributor
Contributor

@colinmclachlan wrote:

Tried for three days to send a donation (via a "Donate" button) to a blog, but I keep getting the above message.  My bank account is fine, well in credit.  Any ideas?

I have been getting that message for 2 weeks. I have tried to report a fraudulent use of my account without any success. I even called and got the recorded message that they would call back, which did happen, EXCEPT, I was then mechanically told that I was being redirected to a person. 2 HOURs and 4 minutes later I hung up, all the time listening to a 5 second musical tune repeated over and over. Thank goodness for speaker phone.

ANY HELP would be grateful

Login to Me Too

colinmclachlan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for sharing.  I've also emailed "support", and had a automatic standard reply.  I've replied to that telling them it was of no help, and to go read my original message.  We shall see.

Login to Me Too
Solved

colinmclachlan
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I got a fairly prompt reply containing the following advice:

There are some things that you can do that may help in making a payment:
• Try to send the payment at a later date.
• Clear the cache and cookies of the browser that you are using.
• Request for an invoice or money request from the seller.
• Try to send the payment using a different browser or device

So I cleared the cookies from my browser (Waterfox), and tried again, and this time the payment went through Smiley Happy.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Angieadams201
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry something went wrong on Paypal s end. Thank you so much
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.