Error: This transaction cannot be completed because it violates the PayPal User Agreement.

Halo4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone helo me with the subject in my subject?

Why am I getting this error: This transaction cannot be completed because it violates the PayPal User Agreement.

Thanks a mil

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Some actions may be limited (restricted) in your PayPal account country according to the local PayPal license on funds operations.

Like currency convertion or sending/receiving money in other currency.

It all depends on your country PayPal accounts restrictions for all users.

Login to Me Too

Halo4
Contributor
Contributor

Thank so much Tony for taking time to respond! 🙂 I really appreciate it.

I am from Trinidad and Tobago and usually have no problems making purchases from sites outside of my country with my personal Paypal account. So I recently set up a e-commerce website and I tried using my personal account to pay. I am wondering if it is a problem with my site? Or how the agreement was set up for my business? Can you advise where I can find more information?

Login to Me Too

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

As this point you shoud set up or upgrade your current account to Business account.

"Upgrade to a business account" link on your Settings page (a wheel next to Log Out)

But there is a concept behind.

You should be a registered businessman in your country (like Tax ID, company bank account). In some coutries for small businesses it is allowed to be a self-businessman just on your personal name and personal tax ID as a private person. Whith no obligation to open separate LLC, Ltd. company with its own name and bank account or something like that.

Maybe that's your point, maybe not.

I mean, it is not clear from PayPal if you will be able to continue use your current state PayPal account as a private person when you upgrade it to Business account.

So I do recommend you to contact your local PayPal support from whithin your account for that before any upgrading actions.

Maybe they offer your to open a separate business account, that will be the best option by law.

Or it is possible in your particular case to operate smoothly combining both actions as a private person.

Which sounds not good in terms of legislation as it used to be usualy.

Again, I mean you can loose your private account after upgrading it to Business. And bank account should be registered to business, not private person in this case.

As genarally accepted practice and thoughts.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TonyTam 

@Halo4 

Read this link as you are in one of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Halo4
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Will got through and see what this issue may be.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.