Error: This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency.

Reetik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am going to launch a dropshipping website. I'm based out of India and will be selling to USA.

I'll receive payment in USD. I have set the currency as USD and country as USA in woocommerce and PayPal account settings.

I'm facing two issues

1. While doing a test transaction with above setting, I'm receiving the following error. 

We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller and choose another way to pay.

paypal_issue.JPG

Whereas if I change Woocommerce currency to INR (Rupee) then the transaction goes through without any error.

2. Another issue I'm facing while transferring money from PayPal account to my Bank account. I have integrated my bank account which is already verified (accepted amount from PayPal and confirmed).

I am not able to withdraw money from Paypal to bank account.

<removed>

Please help me out to resolve these issue as my website launch is getting delayed due to this.

Thanks in advanced.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

IHServices
New Community Member

Now I get it why the error keeps on recurring.

I doubt why does PayPal stands at the 1st position in terms of payment gateways especially when we talk about India. I see it no more than discrimination or a vague restriction.

However, I've tried using currency converter plugin but don't see it working because I think that the currency gets converted from USD to INR just in the front-end for which now PayPal window doesn't even pop-out completely, it disappears even before the Login page. Moreover, the Guest checkout option is also not functioning in my case. Reply back if someone faces the same issue as mine.

Login to Me Too

manishmo
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't look like there is a solution to this, despite so many people facing problems. And it is practically impossible to contact PayPal for this. I have a Business account with KYC complete with PayPal. I have a Woocommerce website where I have integrated PayPal. The prices on the website are listed in INR. However there are international customers who want to buy and pay in their currency. I have enabled USD, GBP and EUR in my PayPal account. When a customer checks out with products and and tries to make a payment using PayPal, they get the "we're sorry this seller does not accept payments in your currency" error. I would have imagined that PayPal would take care of the currency exchange at checkout but that's not the case.

Following this thread in case there is a solution.

Login to Me Too

manishmo
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like this video might have a solution: <removed>

Select Settings > Selling tools > Block Payments, select Update > select Yes, accept and convert them to USD. Additional charges apply  option.

I don't have a way to test whether this is working or not. Have asked my customer in USA to try it out. You could try this out and share whether it worked or not.

Login to Me Too

giri_palk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys ! 

I is serious issue , and this means we Indian have no rights to earn money in USD or any other currency , I have tweeted this issue to PM Modiji , hope he take action onit , I would request to retweet maximum. below is screenshot of tweet 

ReTweet This

Login to Me Too

alka538
Contributor
Contributor
Me too getting this issue. If anyone get the solution please help. I have done my full kyc except gst no.
Login to Me Too

ubarua1
Contributor
Contributor
Now I'm facing this with Etsy.com Anybody got any solution. A customer made a transaction in the US and it successfully happened once. The prices are listed in dollars. Then someone in india tried to purchased and it gave that error. I don't know what to do now. Not too sure if it's going to work for customers in the US also or not.
Login to Me Too

DarshanM
Contributor
Contributor

Same. Facing this issue on etsy as well. So what you are saying is that if an Indian buyer wants the complete the purchase, a shop owner will have to change the store currency to INR for that purchase? Have you been able to resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too

IndraRangari
New Community Member
Same problem with me also
Login to Me Too

Csv16
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting similar issue for a long period but somehow resolved it - You can read this here  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.