Error Completing a Payment, but my bank was debited and said Transaction Successful

abattama
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I tried to make a payment for my website hosting service through Paypal.

From what I observed the process did not go through from the merchant website. Also, there is not capturing on the transaction on my paypal account.

But from my bank transaction it said it was successful and I was debited. Hoping that the funds would reverse back into my account, I decided to do the second transaction, and the same thing happened. Not reverting back into my account, I called my bank, and they said paypal should send a correspondence that prove that those funds were not received. But there appears to be no way for me to contact paypal now. This is so because an attempt to reach Paypal through the help center, as a clicked on the button "Report a problem," I am was redirected to My Activity to select a transaction that I am to report the issue for. But since those transactions were not captured, I got stuck in the situation which has never happened before. 

1. What is the best way for me to handle this situation?

2. How can I contact Paypal directly?

3. How should I proceed to get help?

I will appreciate kind advice and possible solution.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

abattama
Contributor
Contributor

Here are the screenshots of the transactions from my bank:

<removed>

Looking forward...

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @abattama,

Thanks for visiting the Community. I'm sorry to hear these transactions charged your bank despite being cancelled. I would encourage you to contact our customer support team to review this issue further. You can get in touch with us by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Take care,

- Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.