Epic Games payment refused by PayPal

prubic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to buy a game on Epic Games store and I have my Visa Electron debit card linked to the PayPal account and it is my primary type of payment methods. When I go to checkout this message shows: "Your payment was refused by PayPal. Please try a linking a different payment method or contact PayPal customer service for assistance."

Does that mean that I need to wait 2-3 business days to confirm my debit card and then use it or do I need to do something else on my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@prubic 

If you only added but not confirmed your debit card in PayPal Wallet with PayPal 4-digit code and temporary charge of $1.95 or equivalent, yes, you need to do that first.

Or contact customer service to have your account/debit card checked:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@prubic 

If you only added but not confirmed your debit card in PayPal Wallet with PayPal 4-digit code and temporary charge of $1.95 or equivalent, yes, you need to do that first.

Or contact customer service to have your account/debit card checked:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CyberSuds
New Community Member

I went to the paypal page and sent a private message and all i got was.."I dont understand" 😞 what is that. I told them I was having trouble with Paypal making a payment to Epic Games purchas. They Told me to search PayPal help, but that was a total  rabbit hole or it has a really bad search engine!

Login to Me Too

Raygene1
Contributor
Contributor
I have several accounts and can't access the one " payments" went to. I was given same advice: 1. Go to help . 2. Go to contact us. 3. Say you want to speak to agent. Okay. BOT says i don't understand what you want. Need more information .. Transferring to agent.... Hold, hold, hold. Then you will get faster service on website on any page go to bottom and the HELP button etc... I CAN NOT GET LIVE PERSON. And yes I tried everything recommended and it does not WORK (neither does phone numbers).
Login to Me Too

MayukhRastogi
Contributor
Contributor

my card is confirmed still I face this problem

Login to Me Too

treby08
New Community Member

Same Problem here, on my end i linked my gcash mastercard to paypal, did the verification using "CODE", on Gcash, Paypal is linked already

Got Error {0} after "Agree & Pay Now" button on Paypal Summary page

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.