Email

Jeffk265
Contributor
Contributor

I created the account using a email I no longer have access. Someone has sent me a payment before I realized this and changed my primary email... Will the payment still come to my PayPal account even though the email address they used to send the money is now no longer attached to this PayPal account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeffk265

Nope   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jeffk265
Contributor
Contributor
What's the best way to go about doing this? Asking the payer to resubmit payment?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeffk265

If the email address never existed then the payment would show as unclaimed with a cancel option and he can cancel it BUT it may take up to a week to go back to his funding source.

If the email address existed but is no longer linked to a paypal account then it would show as unclaimed withOUT a cancel option, he would then have to wait 30 days for the pending status to time out.

If that email address was linked and is still linked to an old paypal account and the payment has completed then the buyer would have to open a dispute for non receipt of item to get their money back.........this is because that email address / paypal account has nothing to send him.

So its up to your buyer if they want to pay straightaway or wait till they get their funds back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.