Email from from Paypal

numberone1
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something on the phone today using my Visa and a few hours later I got an email from Paypal with a receipt for the purchase I made earlier on the phone. It had the exact amount I had given over the phone and the companys name, but the email went to an email address I do not have listed on my Paypal account nor do I have that Visa attached to my Paypal account. When I check my account the activity is not there. I spoke with 2 severely incompetent agents at Paypal who could shed no light on the situation. Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @numberone1,

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you may have paid as a guest. What that means is the company you purchased from uses PayPal to process payments, and because you paid over the phone, the payment wasn't attached to your account. Instead, a receipt was created by the merchant in our processing system and sent to your email that they would have had on file. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @numberone1,

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you may have paid as a guest. What that means is the company you purchased from uses PayPal to process payments, and because you paid over the phone, the payment wasn't attached to your account. Instead, a receipt was created by the merchant in our processing system and sent to your email that they would have had on file. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

numberone1
Contributor
Contributor

That makes total sense. I didn't realize you could do that. Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

bettyBuscall
Contributor
Contributor

It was about a payment to netflix of 19.99  i had not entered any details about a recurring payment, and I would like to make it a recurring payment please

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.