Email asking for final approval?

AliRobi
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made an order from a website called Brandy Melville, it went through fine and I got the normal paypal email ‘you have authorised a payment of etc etc’ about 5 minutes after I recieve an email saying ‘would you like to complete your Paypal payment at Brandy Melville, to finish go back and give your final approval’ which makes no sense because there is no way on their website to make a final approval.. I recieved my order confirmation from them and on my paypal the payment is under ‘Authorisation pending’ Can someone please explain whats happening and if the payment went through as I did get an order confirmation from the company and I definitely had enough funds in my Paypal Balance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

HI @AliRobi,

Welcome to our Community!

If the authorisation is pending we have to wait on the merchant. With a basic authorisation, your payment will show as 'Pending' in your PayPal account until the merchant captures it. A capture is when funds move from your PayPal account to a merchant's PayPal account. After the capture the transaction will show as 'Complete' in your account and you will be notified in an email from PayPal that your payment is captured.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.